Due to phenomenal growth, we’re recruiting for a Junior / Mid-weight front end developer to join our award-winning digital marketing agency in Kent, Bristol & Brighton – welcome to Reddico.
We are looking for a confident, creative and well rounded front end developer that can meet some or all of the following:
- Is confident in being able to work with completed creatives and designs, and translate them directly into working html.
- Is confident in creating static and dynamic HTML as well as creating pages / themes for common CMS systems such as WordPress.
- Can create fully responsive styles and layouts, and confident in using media queries.
- Is familiar with all popular libraries such as BootStrap 4, jQuery etc.
- Has knowledge of SEO best practices for web layout, and page optimisation.
- Is able to build webpages in a code editor such as WebStorm, Atom, Sublime and not have to use a WYSIWYG editor such as DreamWeaver.
- Is able to perform simple database administration (Creating Databases, Tables etc) in MySQL, MariaDB or similar.
- Basic exposure to backend language such as PHP.
- Keen to learn and grow skillset.
- Good Google-Fu (no-one has all the answers but a knowledge of how to find the answer for yourself is essential).
- Being able to adapt to unfamiliar technologies, such as custom CMS builds and non-standard style layouts.
- HTML 5
- CSS – knowledge of SASS would be beneficial
- Bootstrap – knowledge of other front end frameworks would be beneficial
- Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and/or other creative suite tools
- MySQL and PHPmyadmin
- PHP (basic level)
Bonus (Not Essential):
- Exposure to some JS frontend frameworks such as Vue.js, NodeJs
- Exposure to tools such as WebPack, Gulp, Git, Npm
- Extra bonus for WebGL (not essential though)
- Backend framework experience such as Laravel
- Template engines such as Blade
- SSH remote access of servers
- Consuming APIs
- Linux Experience (Command Line)
Please note: this role will be primarily based at our office in Tonbridge, Kent, with flexible working opportunities.
Company benefits and perks
We know that money and perks aren’t everything, but they are important. We offer you a competitive salary (depending on experience) and benefits package including flexible hours, a pension scheme, an annual retreat based on company targets, sick pay, health care.
We also have a great team of obsessive digital marketers to bounce ideas off.
Our journey so far ..
Reddico is an award winning search marketing agency based in Tonbridge (HQ), but with offices in Bristol, Brighton & London with remote work opportunities.
Reddico provides SEO consultancy services for FTSE 100 and FORBES 100 companies, we are also listed on The Financial Times list of the fastest growing companies in Europe, in Deloitte’s Fastest Growing 50 Technology companies in the UK and are winners of multiple industry awards.
Reddico HQ is based on Moat Farm, Five Oak Green, Kent, TN12 6RR. We also have offices in Bristol and Brighton. Due to the way we work, we also have remote team members who are not based in any of our offices but work with the team through video calls and attend company events.
Get in touch
Please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.