BlackRock is the world’s largest asset manager, with $7.4 trillion in assets under management. BlackRock is guides individuals, financial professionals and institutions in building better financial futures.
BlackRock wanted to increase their organic traffic globally and increase visibility of their expert investment thought leadership, ensuring that it reached relevant private, professional and institutional investors – with a single partner becoming accountable for the on-going SEO strategy.
The key challenges were:
- International targeting for English language speaking countries
- Technical SEO, improving crawling issues and indexation of content
- Deduplication of content for different investor types
- Stakeholder education and training
- Surfacing the right content in Google for different investor types
- Compliance requirements vs improving user experience
- Keyword alignment and intent matching vs product terminology
- Standardising analytics tracking and reporting on SEO performance across global territories
- Multiple subdomain planning execution and HTTPS migrations
The biggest change was shifting how the business saw SEO, away from a siloed channel to one that needs to be integrated across new initiatives from the very start. The BlackRock SEO team now has wider visibility across the company to ensure new projects, such as Sustainable investing gain visibility from the outset.
Our campaign plan was to:
- Fix the immediate priority which was global visibility for all country home pages within Google.
- Understand how Google crawls the site and relationships between the different countries and languages.
- Gain an understanding of legacy platforms and migrations, third party assets and planned changes in the coming year.
- Identify all major technical issues across the site and align the priority of recommendations with internal development roadmaps and wider company objectives.
- Build two work streams to deliver a short term and long term impact on SEO within the business. The first is focused on quick wins that have few internal dependencies to help us get buy in for the bigger changes. The second focused on conversations with key stakeholders to showcase the business value of the larger technical recommendations and how it linked to wider company goals.
- Proactive monitoring of the site using our proprietary technology to flag any issues from development releases across all country sites.
- Supporting new initiatives in the coming year to ensure SEO was part of the conversation from the start and BlackRock realise the new traffic opportunities.
At Reddico, we enjoy working as an extension of a client’s team and we get pretty excited to share the data for campaigns. This is the case year after year. As we share with clients, SEO is a long-term investment. But the results continue to speak for themselves. To date we have grown BlackRock’s organic traffic by a massive 256%.*
*May 2017 – May 2020
“Working with our company is very demanding and there are many levels of approval to go through, for work to be implemented. The Reddico team has always been very responsive and goes beyond the typical scope of any project, providing us all angles of a technical solution and detailed recommendations for content optimisations. They are very active in wanting us to improve the quality/visibility of our sites and are a great partner in doing so.” Jennifer Xiques, Global SEO Lead, BlackRock
To discuss how we can help your business, call us on 01892 320800, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click below to complete our simple contact form and we’ll be in touch.